METro east association inc
Nudist leisure club
/ ABOUT US
Metro East Association Inc is a nudist leisure club which is located in the South Eastern suburbs of Melbourne and organises a social swim night once a month. Check out our events page for more information.
Visitors are welcome to come along to experience our nude swim nights in a relaxing atmosphere. All newcomers to the club, whether they are experienced naturists or visiting a naturist venue for the first time are given an introductory tour of the venue to make our guests feel "at home" as quickly as possible. Please read our FAQ and Code of Behaviour pages.
Metro East Association Inc is family friendly. All are welcome, regardless of age, gender, sexual preference or body shape. We are a non discriminatory club. If you agree to abide by our Code of Behaviour you will be welcome at our swim nights. All children under 18 must be directly supervised by an adult.
Metro East Association Inc has been running social nudist events since 1980, and is the longest running non landed club in Australia. Non landed means that it does not have its own property. In recent years, the club has been concentrating on hosting its regular monthly night of social nudity around the pool.
The club is run by a small but dedicated group of volunteers.
We have swim nights commencing at 7pm and concluding at 9.30pm on the third Saturday of the month from February to November, and the first Saturday of December.
Enjoy a great night of social nudity around the pool.
Normal entry costs $15 per person. Children under 18 are free. Club members who are financial pay $10 to attend. We encourage visitors and non club members to attend, you will be made welcome!
The venue is a leading sports centre with a 6 lane pool. Some people swim laps, many just socialise in the pool, and some sit around at tables and chairs. Join in at whatever your comfort level is.
Depending on the night, we usually have between 35 and 50 people attending, both male and female. We do not give out numbers of males and females, but normally there are more males than females attending.
Due to considerations in relation to Coronavirus, there will be no shared supper at our swim nights until further notice. You may bring your own food and drink to the venue for personal consumption. No glass please due to safety considerations around the pool area. Free tea and coffee are provided.
If you would like to come along, please read all of the details on our website including our Code of Behaviour and FAQ, then phone us on 0493 037 462 for the address of the venue.
We are grateful to those who arrive early from 6pm - 7pm to give us a hand in setting up for the evening, and also those who assist with packing up after the event from 9.30pm - 10pm.
/ CODE OF BEHAVIOUR
Metro East Association Inc strongly supports the Laws of the Australian States and Territories in respect of harassment and public behaviour and will vigorously support these laws to its fullest. More stringent laws of any state or territory have precedence over this code of behaviour.
• The rights of every person, are paramount in a clothes free environment.
• Further to the comments above, the Metro East Association Inc has no intention of inhibiting or prohibiting mutually acceptable affectionate gestures within family units. Nor does it intend to intrude into relationships or the private acts of consenting adults in private, provided they do not take place within the club environment.
• The Metro East Association Inc will not condone sexual harassment or sexual acts. These will have no place within the Metro East Association Inc and will not be tolerated.
Members and guests are also advised they must abide by the rules of the venue.
• Unacceptable behaviour is defined as persistent staring, stalking or following, or crowding of an individual’s personal space. It also includes inappropriate or unwelcome touching or sexual acts or displays as well as any aggressive acts or threatening body language. If it is not acceptable within a family environment, it is not acceptable within club environs.
• Unwelcomed communications are defined as any unwanted advances, remarks, suggestions, propositions, gestures, threats, messages, ridicule or jokes of a crude or sexual nature. Persistent attempts to engage another person in clearly undesired conversation should be reported to the committee. Unsolicited comments and/or gestures about a person’s body are also considered unacceptable.
• Unauthorised photography and/or videoing (including use of camera phones) of adults and minors will not be tolerated at Metro East Association Inc, unless permission is obtained in advance from the committee or carried out by an appointed club photographer.
• Prior permission must be obtained from the adult who is to be photographed and, in respect of children; prior parental approval must be obtained. Permission must also be gained from any person who would be likely to be in the field of view and is recognisable.
• It is incumbent on the photographer to be responsible in the choice of the photographic subject, angle, background etc. Anyone who is aware of a photographer taking less than acceptable photos is obliged to report that person to the committee.
• Inappropriate touching is defined as unwelcome touching of another person’s body.
Any person experiencing or witnessing inappropriate behaviour is encouraged to report it as soon as possible to a committee member.
Legitimate complaints referred to the Metro East Association Inc will be investigated fully.
If warranted, any behaviour that does not adhere to this code of behaviour will be reported to the appropriate authorities. Requests for confidentiality will be respected unless it is deemed necessary that the incident be referred to the appropriate authorities. Any acts that are contrary to this code of behaviour as outlined above, may result in that person’s expulsion from the Metro East Association Inc.
/ OTHER EVENTS
Melbourne Naturist / Nudist Social Group on Meetup
Melbourne Naturist / Nudist Social Group on Meetup is a site where many Victorian groups list nudist and clothing optional events.
World Naked Bike Ride Melbourne
The World Naked Bike Ride returns to Melbourne in 2023. World Naked Bike Ride is an annual, worldwide clothing optional bicycle ride. We aim to:-
* Ride for cyclist safety.
* Ride for sustainability.
* Ride for positive body image.
Please join us for our 17th annual ride, the longest running World Naked Bike Ride in Australia. Full details are on the web page.
Nude 10 Pin Bowling
Several times a year, nude 10 pin bowling events are held at a venue in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Events are listed on the Melbourne Naturist / Nudist Social Group on Meetup, https://www.meetup.com/MelbourneNaturists/ or contact the organiser, Geoff at email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
The Nomads Outdoor Group Inc
The Nomads is a social outdoors group for gay and gay-friendly men of all ages. It also welcomes those from the lesbian, bisexual and transgender communities, and anyone who shares its objectives of tolerance and acceptance.
CosmeX is a regular clothing optional swim and massage exchange event, where attendees can relax and socialise in a like minded group. We use two venues, Laverton and Chewton (near Castlemaine). The Laverton venue has an indoor swimming pool, spa, sauna and a massage area. The Chewton venue has an indoor pool, spa, comfortable lounging and a massage area, as well as an outdoor area for use on warmer days. CosmeX promotes inclusion and welcomes all to attend, no membership required. See https://www.cosmexmelbourne.com/ for more details
Alfi's Naturist Retreat
New owners Al and Fi would like to welcome you all to their family friendly Naturist Retreat. Situated on 20 Hectares of stunning natural bush near to Rushworth in Central Victoria, Alfi's Naturist Retreat has powered and non powered camping sites, as well as limited accommodation. There are walking tracks to explore, as well as a brand new pool area, spa, recreation room with kitchen, BBQ facilities and hot showers.
Sunnyside North Nude Beach
Sunnyside North Beach, Mt Eliza, has been a legal nude beach for 35 years. However, the Mornington Peninsula Shire Council are considering action which may result in the legal nude status of that beach being revoked. There is a Facebook page dedicated to trying to save the nude status of Sunnyside North Beach. Please follow and like the Facebook page.
Northside Country Club
Northside is a very well established nudist club which is located in picturesque Central Victoria just 2 hours from Melbourne. The member based nudist association has been operating for more than 60 years and has a reputation of being very friendly and welcoming. There are excellent member facilities including fully equipped and heated clubhouse, BBQ’s, toilet and shower facilities, as well as tennis and petanque courts and a swimming pool with deck area. The 70 acre property has walking tracks throughout. Further information including contact details are on the website.