1. What is nudism or naturism about ?
Being a social Nudist is being comfortable with your own naked body around others also naked. For some this is achieved quickly while others take time to be fully at ease with themselves. The only rule is mutual respect. The Metro East Leisure Club provides a welcoming and understanding environment, particularly for those less experienced.
2. What is Metro East Nudist Leisure club ?
Metro East Nudist Leisure Club is Australia’s oldest, and longest continually running, non landed, non profit Incorporated Association club that is now in it’s 34th year of operating in Melbourne. We aim to provide a friendly environment where members and visitors can experience a variety of recreational , leisure and social activities in the company of family and friends, free from wearing clothes.
3. What is a “non landed” club?
A “non-landed” club is one that rents or hires all venues and facilities in order to conduct an event.
4. Who can attend Metro East functions and events?
Since 2011 Metro East is “open to all”. Fully non-discriminatory. Every one is welcome whether they are families, couples, single male or single females, regardless of nationality, culture, sexual preference, etc. The one restriction is that those under 18 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
Membership is by invitation and at the discretion of the Metro East committee.
To be eligible one must attend no fewer than 3 events or functions and demonstrate good attitude and appropriate behaviour.
The annual fee is $30 per membership which is per person for singles or $30 for couples per year, plus a one-time joining fee of $20.
6. Is this a clothing optional club ? No it isn’t. With the exception of females who may have their monthly on the night in this case wearing a brief or bikini bottom is acceptable.
7. What do I need to bring along to the club ? A towel, some food to share with everyone at our 9:00pm supper, and a fun attitude. Tea and coffee are provided for free!
8. What is towel etiquette ? Please bring a dry towel to place on the chairs or lounge chairs before sitting down. This is for hygiene purposes!
Nudity does not equate to sex and Metro East is neither a Swingers Club nor a Gay venue, but is for genuine nudists to enjoy the company of like minded people. The committee watches for, and takes note of all reports, of any behaviour deemed inappropriate. Depending on circumstances those offending will be either warned or permanently removed from the premises. Our events are planned for a good time in a safe and friendly atmosphere without stress or harassment.
10. Men’s Problem … What if?
Many men worry about an erection at swim nights and the fact is it is a surprisingly very infrequent happening. While always a possibility, don’t stress. Get in the pool, or stay under water, cover up with a towel, etc. Try to be discreet and wait for it be at least half flaccid. Intentional flashing and/or flaunting will not be tolerated. Repeating … Metro East is not a sex club.
11. How much does it cost $ per person.
Visitors: $ 15. Members: $ 10. Children under 18yrs of age are free!
12. What time does your club open ?
6.45pm for start at 7pm, and finishes at 10.00pm.
13. My friend has given me a copy of this FAQ page, but I’m not on the internet, and I don’t have an email address, and I need to contact the club ?
You can contact Phil on 0413 129 887, or write to us at P.O Box 206 Narre Warren Vic 3805.